Skip to Content
What should you look for when selecting your newborn photographer?
- Safety – Is newborn photography safe? Newborn safety is my #1 priority during your photoshoot. The photographer or assistants hands are supporting baby at all times while being posed. Babies can startle themselves awake so the utmost care is taken to ensure that your baby is always comfortable and secure.
- Training – Is the photographer trained? I have trained under several mentor photographers for years now and continue to perfect baby posing and safety by taking annual workshops and courses.
- Experience – What experience does the photographer have? I have been photographing newborn babies for over 5 years, and have had 3 babies of my own so I have had a lot of experience of handling tiny newborns. I have plenty of soothing techniques and tricks to get your baby to happily nod off during your newborn session.
- Comfort – Will our photography session be awkward or uncomfortable? Our studio is very laidback, we have comfy couches where parents can lay back and watch Netflix or even have a nap, snacks and plenty of toys for the kids to play with while the baby is being photographed. We also keep the studio nice and toasty so that the smallest family member is sleepy and warm.
- Style – What will the style of our photos be like? We would describe our style as rustic, boho, or classic. We love our white room in the studio and are also huge fans of warm earth tones. Please take the time to look through our gallery to get a good feel for what you can expect from your images. If there is any particular colour scheme you are wanting to go with, please let us know upon booking and we are happy to accommodate.